Saturday, November 19, 2005

Another Local Hope Is Dashed

November 18 evening, the six of us (Daryl, Seng Chee, Frank, Albert, Gary and I) set off with high hope for the Marine Parade wreck on Yew Seng's boat. We were dreaming of big groupers or at least some golden snappers. The baits were good and we even netted a good number of live squids. Despite the good weather, current and baits, most of us had our hope dashed. The result:

  • 1 3kg plus golden snapper by Frank
  • 1 3-4 kg barracuda by Daryl
  • 1 puny shark by me
  • 2 small fishes (use as baits) by Frank

And that's it folk!

Having said that I must say that the company was great and Yew Seng was very hardworking in netting the squids.

category: catch report

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frank always get big golden snapper.

did you go for the day trip? how is the catch?

Henry Koh said...

Day, so so lah. 2 chermins, 1 800gm snapper, a few ACK, 1 gruntle, 1 grouper, a few ang ko li.

Anonymous said...

No photo? so sad... I need pic of big golden snapper to cheer me up.

Hey friend, can you be more hardworking in blogging or not?! I need more CR...

Henry Koh said...

me, I'm very dissapointed with the catches in the last couple of trip so much so that I'm reluctant to post details or photo or even take photo... very sian! I want to migrate to a place where fishes are plenty - one drop one bite!

Henry Koh said...

francis, you never see a golden snapper before meh?