Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I Need My Fix

I'm addicted to fluorocarbon leader. Without doubt it has given me comparative success - in many instances when the fishes are easily spooked (seem very often these days), I out-fish the unbelieving anglers. Now I use it on all fishing trips, day or night.

I even experience withdrawal symptoms when I don't have it. In one particular trip, without my fluoro I felt terrible, depressed and lost. Needless to say, my fishing confidence waned.

Now I cannot imagine going on a fishing trip without my fluoro. I 'm so hopelessly addicted. Help me! I need a fluoro rehab centre.

I take comfort from the following review:

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewseaguar.html

category: fishy feelings, tackle talk

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi henry how much is the seaguar fluorocarbon cost here? and where can i get it? thanx

Henry Koh said...

You can get it at Sabre or AO. The price varies depending on poundage and length.

Anonymous said...

FC leader.. Mm... this is someting I still cannot be 100% sure abt the effectiveness. I got mix result so far. I was convined at one stage but how can you explain the sinker seem to not have any effect on spooking the fish (appolo rig)?

or is it the work of probabilty law again? I really wonder...

To truely measure the outcome is difficult as luck is something cannot be measure. But I do notice positive attitude contribute to good catch. So as long it makes u feel good n confidence goes for it. After all we go fishing to relax and feel good ri?...

Henry Koh said...

U are right confidence is important. As far as I know the bait is attached to the line and it is this that may spook the fish. You may want to check out the link to the review; they tried to be scientific about it. Many people like me who have used it swear by it. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter as long as the feel good factor is there .. cheers & thanks for visiting

Anonymous said...

I'm a 100% FC convert too, it really works wonders, true revolution

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just bought the FC line yesterday at changi area, the brand is Duel, red cover with size no. 16, guess is 60lbs (am I right?).
And it cost me $35 for the length of only 50M.
What I really feel not so good about this is that when I reached home and opened it the line just feel like small piece of steel rod. Its so stiff, maybe it is the brand or generally across the board it is the same for all FC line ?.
How many type of FC and the size have you tried and which is the best so far ? What is your recommendation ?.
Thks,
Louis Kong

Henry Koh said...

Hi Louis, I only use seaguar, it is less stiff than duel and many people swear by it. Poundage wise it is the number multiply by 4 or there about.