Monday, October 24, 2005

"Gone Fishing" oophs it should be "Gone Swimming"

I was in Fremantle (Australia) last year to jig for the almighty samson. It was a family holiday and fishing was just 'by the way' - at least that's what I told my wife. The day came but the weather was bad but the captain said that I could go along for the morning since they were filming an episode of 'Fishing with ET'. I was excited at the prospect of not just fishing but maybe appearing on TV along with ET.

To cut the story short, the swell was big and I was moving to the railing of the boat with my newly made seed rod and my saltiga z40 with a 500gm jig, the swell came and my hand missed the railing and I found myself flying in mid air and into the water - 100m of the Indian ocean was below me. Somehow I managed to surface and I heard someone shouted 'man overboard'.

I lost my gears, did not manage to get any samson and lost alot of pride that day.

On the positive note, I now have a story to tell - I have gone swimming in the Indian ocean. Have you?

No comments: