Sunday, June 07, 2009

Changi by Night

Friday 5th June 2009. I invited Francis to the trip and he was skeptical since Changi is not known to produce any good catch at night, maybe with the exception of catfish. I told him we needed to get ready for the impending Sabah trip and that somehow persuaded him

Setting off under the golden light of the sun:




The night was indeed slow - only a few snappers and quite a number of catfishes (some in the region of 3-4 kgs). Probably unbelievable but Francis somehow broke his rod pulling up a catfish.

Caught napping:


The morning was much better. Francis caught the biggest fish of the trip - a 6.5 kg queen fish:



This is me with his fish, showing him how to hold the fish to make it look bigger:



For me it was 4 diamond trevally (chermin) in a row.



The total catch (catfishes not shown) - not too bad for Singapore water:


Photos by Francis & edited by me.