Monday, May 07, 2007

A Long Local Offshore Trip


I had an interesting trip with Adrian, Mark and Alvin. We were on board Osman boat and fishing around the Southern Island area. It was the longest local offshore trip I had - we started at 6.30 pm on Saturday and came back to shore on Sunday at about 3 pm. It was also a heavy sinker trip, I was fishing 2 size 18 sinkers at one stage and 1 size 18 sinker for a good part of the trip. The catch was not good for the amount of time we spent but I must say that I had the best catch rate .....I guess I am pretty blessed when it comes to fishing. Good baits were apparently important, we had very few squids, the jew fish was caught on a life mullet and the queen fish on a dead but fresh 'kelong chi'. The fishes:

1. 3 golden snappers about a kg plus - 2 were by me
2. 2 grunters - 1 by me
3. 1 jew fish of about 4-5 kg by Adrian
4. 1 queen fish of about 4-5 kg by me
5. 1 ray of about 1kg
6. 1 huge malong eel
7. 3 sweetlips of about a kg each (1 by me)

Photo by Mark.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CATCH ONI SO SO

Anonymous said...

try changi pt 'ah fong' boat - can get plenty of groupers n snappers..